Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 20:07:28 +0200
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Kenton Varda <kenton@...udflare.com>, Tom Lee <debian@...lee.co>
Subject: Re: Re: CVE Request: Cap'n Proto: Bounds check elided by compiler optimization

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 10:35:51AM -0700, Kenton Varda wrote:
> Whoops, apparently I'm supposed to use the web form now. Sorry!

Yes, but many of us in here care(d) about being notified of security
issues much more than about CVEs, hence as a moderator I approved your
posting anyway.  Once you've obtained the CVE ID from MITRE, please post
it to this same thread as a "reply".

> On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 10:32 AM, Kenton Varda <kenton@...udflare.com> wrote:
> > Full details and fix covered here: https://github.com/sandstorm-i
> > o/capnproto/blob/master/security-advisories/2017-04-17-0-
> > apple-clang-elides-bounds-check.md

The lack of detail in your posting goes against published oss-security
guidelines, which are:

"At least the most essential part of your message (e.g., vulnerability
detail and/or exploit) should be directly included in the message itself
(and in plain text), rather than only included by reference to an
external resource.  Posting links to relevant external resources as well
is acceptable, but posting only links is not.  Your message should
remain valuable even with all of the external resources gone."

Here's the "unbroken" GitHub URL:

https://github.com/sandstorm-io/capnproto/blob/master/security-advisories/2017-04-17-0-apple-clang-elides-bounds-check.md

and I've attached to this message the "raw" (text) version from:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sandstorm-io/capnproto/master/security-advisories/2017-04-17-0-apple-clang-elides-bounds-check.md

as text/plain.

Thanks,

Alexander

View attachment "2017-04-17-0-apple-clang-elides-bounds-check.md" of type "text/plain" (6443 bytes)