Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 10:31:17 +0100
From: Adam Maris <>
Subject: Re: CVE request for unchecked size argument in
 malloc() in CHICKEN Scheme

On Wed, 2017-03-15 at 23:47 +0100, Peter Bex wrote:
> Hello all,
> I'd like to request a CVE for an unchecked malloc() argument in
> CHICKEN Scheme's SRFI-4 vector constructors, when allocating the
> vector in unmanaged memory.  Due to the missing range check, this
> could result in negative or too small size allocations, which would
> result in a crash or a buffer overrun, depending on the size.
> This issue affects all current releases of CHICKEN Scheme, including
> the latest release, 4.12.0.
> The official announcement was made here:
> tml

Hi Peter,

oss-security mailing is no longer a place for requesting CVEs. Please,
request CVE from MITRE via or also possibly
from DWF project via

Best Regards,

Adam Mariš, Red Hat Product Security
1CCD 3446 0529 81E3 86AF  2D4C 4869 76E7 BEF0 6BC2
Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (820 bytes)