Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 17:41:49 +0100
From: Salvatore Bonaccorso <>
Subject: Roundcube: CVE-2017-6820: XSS issue in handling of a style tag
 inside of an svg element

I have requested a CVE for the following Roundcube issue, wich got
assigned CVE-2017-6820[*].

rcube_utils.php in Roundcube before 1.1.8 and before 1.2.4 is
susceptible to a cross-site scripting vulnerability via a crafted
Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) token sequence within an SVG element..

Upstream fix (sequence of two commits):

 [*] ideally that would be done by the upstream project on it's own
 before publishing an issue in case it was privately reported, since
 it was not immediately clear to me if one was already requested or
 some other vendors/distributors have done it.