Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 11:50:40 +0200
From: Eyal Itkin <eyal.itkin@...il.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: CVE publication request - CVE 2016-8636

Hello,

The security patch was deployed 3 days ago in the official git repository
of linux, after the fix was reviewed and approved by me.
Therefore, CVE 2016-8636 can now be publicly disclosed.

Commit id of the mainline merge:
   647bf3d8a8e5777319da92af672289b2a6c4dc66

https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/647bf3d8a8e5777319da92af672289b2a6c4dc66

Public disclosure details in my security blog:

https://eyalitkin.wordpress.com/2017/02/11/cve-publication-cve-2016-8636/

P.S. The CVE id was received from the security team of ubuntu, which
directed me to publicly disclose it with the oss-security mailing list.

Thanks for your help,
Eyal Itkin.