Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 15:40:45 +0000
From: "Priedhorsky, Reid" <reidpr@...l.gov>
To: "oss-security@...ts.openwall.com" <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
CC: "cve-assign@...re.org" <cve-assign@...re.org>
Subject: Re: MITRE is adding data intake to its CVE ID process

To more efficiently assign and publish CVE IDs and to enable
automation and data sharing within CVE operations, MITRE is changing
the way it accepts CVE ID requests on the oss-security mailing list.
Starting today, please direct CVE ID requests to this web form
<https://cveform.mitre.org/>

I’ve been using the CVE requests on oss-security to maintain a reasonably comprehensive and timely list of vulnerabilities for specific products. It’s not clear to me how to do this when CVE requests happen offline in a web form.

Has this use case been considered? Is there an alternate way to accomplish my goal?

Thanks,
Reid