Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 00:19:34 +0800
From: "idl3r" <idler1984@...il.com>
To: <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Cc: "'Anarcheuz Fritz'" <anarcheuz@...il.com>,
	<cve-assign@...re.org>
Subject: RE: CVE Request - Samsung Exynos GPU driver OOB read

Unfortunately, there is no official git for tracking from Samsung, so I
can't give a pointer to the particular commit.

The bug itself resides in
<root>/drivers/gpu/arm/t7xx/r5p0/mali_kbase_core_linux.c of the src tree, in
function kbase_dispatch which is the main ioctl dispatcher of the driver:

static mali_error kbase_dispatch(struct kbase_context *kctx, void * const
args, u32 args_size)
{
    /* setup complete, perform normal operation */

    switch (id) {
	case KBASE_FUNC_TMU_SKIP:
		{
/* MALI_SEC_INTEGRATION */
#ifdef CONFIG_SENSORS_SEC_THERMISTOR
#ifdef CONFIG_USE_VSYNC_SKIP
			struct kbase_uk_tmu_skip *tskip = args;
			int thermistor = sec_therm_get_ap_temperature();
			u32 i, t_index = tskip->num_ratiometer;

			for (i = 0; i < tskip->num_ratiometer; i++)
<== missing of boundary check
				if (thermistor >= tskip->temperature[i])
					t_index = i;

tskip->temperature is a uint32 array of static size(10 elements) and
tskip->num_ratiometer a uint32 which is user controlled. Since the boundary
check is missing, OOB read may happen leading to possible memory corruption.