Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 14:38:31 +0800
From: Idler <>
To:, Anarcheuz Fritz <>,
Subject: CVE Request - Samsung Exynos GPU driver OOB read

I'd like to request CVE for the following security issue:

Security bulletin:

SVE-2016-6362: out of bound read in gpu driver

Severity: Low
Affected versions: M(6.0), N(7.0) devices with Exynos AP chipsets
Reported on: May 31, 2016
Disclosure status: Privately disclosed.
Vulnerability in gpu driver does not properly check the boundary of
buffers leading to a possible memory corruption.
The applied patch avoids an illegal access to memory by checking the boundary.

Source code:
Source code of the affected GPU drivers (as part of the Linux kernel
source) can be downloaded from Samsung Opensource Resource center:

The particular model of phone we used to reproduce this issue is: