Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 21:47:02 +0000
From: Craig Small <csmall@...ian.org>
To: "oss-security@...ts.openwall.com" <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: CVE Request: Wordpress: 8 security issues in 4.7

Hi,
  I couldn't find any CVE for the 8 issues wordpress 4.7 (including some
earlier versions) have.
The announcement is at [1] but it is often better to look at [2] to work
out what is what, though their announcement for 4.7.1 is one of the more
better ones.

Remote code execution (RCE) in PHPMailer – No specific issue appears to
affect WordPress or any of the major plugins we investigated but, out of an
abundance of caution, we updated PHPMailer in this release. This issue was
reported to PHPMailer by Dawid Golunski and Paul Buonopane.
(this is an extra  fix for the CVE-2016-10066 and CVE-2016-10045, I'll
leave it to you to decide if it is same ID or new)

The REST API exposed user data for all users who had authored a post of a
public post type. WordPress 4.7.1 limits this to only post types which have
specified that they should be shown within the REST API. Reported by
Krogsgard and Chris Jean.

Cross-site scripting (XSS) via the plugin name or version header on
update-core.php. Reported by Dominik Schilling of the WordPress Security
Team.

Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) bypass via uploading a Flash file.
Reported by Abdullah Hussam.

Cross-site scripting (XSS) via theme name fallback. Reported by Mehmet Ince.

Post via email checks mail.example.com if default settings aren’t changed.
Reported by John Blackbourn of the WordPress Security Team.

A cross-site request forgery (CSRF) was discovered in the accessibility
mode of widget editing. Reported by Ronnie Skansing.

Weak cryptographic security for multisite activation key. Reported by Jack.

 - Craig

1:
https://wordpress.org/news/2017/01/wordpress-4-7-1-security-and-maintenance-release/
2: https://wpvulndb.com/wordpresses/47