Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 23:52:08 +0100
From: Albert Astals Cid <>
Subject: ark vulnerability: need CVE

Hi, Albert from KDE, can we get a CVE assigned for ark (archive handling

The problem is that the "Open" functionality of ark would run shell scripts,
this is quite unexpected.

The title for the advisory we're preparing is
  Ark: unintended execution of scripts and executable files

The fix is already available at