Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 20:06:22 -0500
From: <cve-assign@...re.org>
To: <squid3@...enet.co.nz>
CC: <cve-assign@...re.org>, <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: CVE Request - squid HTTP proxy multiple Information Disclosure issues

> http://www.squid-cache.org/Advisories/SQUID-2016_11.txt

> Incorrect processing of responses to If-None-Modified HTTP conditional
> requests leads to client-specific Cookie data being leaked to other
> clients. Attack requests can easily be crafted by a client to probe a
> cache for this information.

> the CVE critical leak was due to these lines in
> src/client_side_reply.cc:
>
>      bool matchedIfNoneMatch = false;
>      if (r.header.has(HDR_IF_NONE_MATCH)) {
>         if (!e->hasIfNoneMatchEtag(r)) {
> -            http->logType = LOG_TCP_MISS;
> -            sendMoreData(result);
>
> This last line should have called "  processMiss(result); "

Use CVE-2016-10002.

> http://www.squid-cache.org/Advisories/SQUID-2016_10.txt

> Incorrect HTTP Request header comparison results in Collapsed
> Forwarding feature mistakenly identifying some private responses as
> being suitable for delivery to multiple clients.

Use CVE-2016-10003.

> The current fix is not quite complete. However we believe the remaining
> headers leaked are not a serious security issue.

If anyone needs a CVE ID for this issue (involving other headers) that
was not fixed in 3.5.23 and 4.0.17, please let us know.

- --
CVE Assignment Team
M/S M300, 202 Burlington Road, Bedford, MA 01730 USA
[ A PGP key is available for encrypted communications at
  http://cve.mitre.org/cve/request_id.html ]