Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2016 17:52:31 -0500 (EST)
From: Siddharth Sharma <siddharth@...hat.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: matt@...uxbox.com, philippe deniel <philippe.deniel@....fr>
Subject: Re: nfsd-ganesha allows anyone to call into DBUS?

Hi,

Which version of nfs-ganesha did you use ? Can you be more specific
I tried to reproduce this quite a lot of times in my testing environment
But I always get

~]$  dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=org.ganesha.nfsd  /org/ganesha/nfsd/ExportMgr org.ganesha.nfsd.exportmgr.AddExport  string:$GANESHA_DIR/exports/export.$VOL.conf string:"EXPORT(Path=/$SERV_MALICIOUS_CONTENT)"
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.159" (uid=1000 pid=3852 comm="dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=org.ganesh")

anything you did differently ?
Siddharth Sharma / Red Hat Product Security / Key ID : 0xD9F6489A
Fingerprint  :  6F04 C684 A49C E4CE 8148 E841 CD6F 8E55 D9F6 489A