Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2016 21:50:35 +0200
From: Eyal Itkin <eyal.itkin@...il.com>
To: secalert@...hat.com
Cc: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [engineering.redhat.com #426293] CVE Request - firewire driver
 RCE - linux 4.8

Hello,

The security patch was deployed yesterday in the official git repository of
linux, after the fix was reviewed and approved by me.
Therefore, CVE 2016-8633 can now be publicly disclosed.

Commit id of the fix:
    667121ace9dbafb368618dbabcf07901c962ddac
    https://git.kernel.org/linus/667121ace9db

Commit id of the mainline merge:
    03daa36f089f31002a2d0fb22088d3ebe3e28d98
    https://git.kernel.org/linus/03daa36f089f

Public disclosure details in my security blog:
    https://eyalitkin.wordpress.com/2016/11/06/cve-
publication-cve-2016-8633/

P.S. I CCed oss-security since in a second CVE (not public yet) I was told
by your colleague to send the publication request to oss-security.

Thanks for your help,
Eyal Itkin.