Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 16:46:45 +0200
From: Greg KH <greg@...ah.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: cve-assign@...re.org
Subject: Re: linux kernel do_blockdev_direct_IO invalid memory
 access

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 10:22:48PM +0800, Marco Grassi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I posted this to ask feedback on security at kernel dot org, but I think my
> mail got bounced back. Not sure if from the mailing list or from some
> single recipient.

It got there, you could have given us a few more hours to respond,
especially as most of the USA was still asleep, and others of us were in
a conference during the day in Europe. :(

> Anyway reposting here,
>
> the following program will cause a invalid memory access
>
> BUG: KASAN: wild-memory-access on address 0005080000000000
>
> See this link for the full sanitizer report, stacktrace and trigger poc
>
> https://gist.github.com/marcograss/40850adb3c599ac38e0beac31617d56b
>
> tested on current master, with KASAN.

Can you take this to the linux-fsdevel mailing list now that you have
made it public?  That's the best place to resolve this.

thanks,

greg k-h