Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 00:14:04 +1000
From: Vitaly Nikolenko <vnik5287@...il.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: "cve-assign@...re.org" <cve-assign@...re.org>
Subject: Re: CVE request - Linux kernel through 4.6.2 allows
 escalade privileges via IP6T_SO_SET_REPLACE compat setsockopt call

Wasn't this already covered by CVE-2016-4997? There's a public exploit

https://www.exploit-db.com/exploits/40049/

I'm assuming for IPv6 this would be exactly the same except for
changing the setsockopt optname from IPT_SO_SET_REPLACE to
IP6T_SO_SET_REPLACE. The code path for IPv6 looks almost identical
unless I'm missing something?

Commit ce683e5f9d045e5d67d1312a42b359cb2ab2a13c included fixes for
ARP, IP and IPv6 and my assumption was that CVE-2016-4997 covered all
of them.

--
Vitaly