Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 00:22:55 +0200
From: yi <yi@...i.me>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: CVE Request : Libtorrent 1.1.0 inflate_gzip denial of service

Hi list,

I recently opened a bug on "Libtorrent 1.1.0" regarding malformed GZIP
encoded responses that causes  denial of service.

For example, an attacker-controlled torrent tracker can crash victim torrent
clients by sending malformed GZIP responses.

This bug has been fixed by the maintainer in master and the branch RC_1_1:

https://github.com/arvidn/libtorrent/issues/1021

https://github.com/arvidn/libtorrent/pull/1022

I also tested the bug with two "Libtorrent based" softwares :
qBittorrent and Deluge. Both of them were affected and crashed on
receiving the malformed response.

Download attachment "0x0443D821.asc" of type "application/pgp-keys" (3114 bytes)