Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 13:46:40 -0600
From: Kurt Seifried <kseifried@...hat.com>
To: oss-security <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Cc: CVE ID Requests <cve-assign@...re.org>
Subject: Re: Multiple vulnerabilities in RPM – and a rant

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Hanno Böck <hanno@...eck.de> wrote:

> https://blog.fuzzing-project.org/52-Multiple-vulnerabilities-in-RPM-and-a-
> rant.html
>
> Okay, but RPM stands for “Red Hat package manager”, so maybe Red Hat
> feels responsible. So I reported three bugs with sample files

Actually it doesn't. RPM = RPM Package Manager (like GNU).

http://www.rpm.org/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPM_Package_Manager

Also I would note that Red Hat isn't the only user of RPM, there are a
large number of distros that use RPM (e.g. SUSE).

--
PGP A90B F995 7350 148F 66BF 7554 160D 4553 5E26 7993
Red Hat Product Security contact: secalert@...hat.com