Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 09:32:53 +0200
From: Christian Wressnegger <>
Cc: Fabian Yamaguchi <>,
 Alwin Maier <>
Subject: Buffer overflow in libarchive-3.2.0

Hi oss-security,
(please note, I'm not on the list.)

We've recently discovered a vulnerability in libarchive-3.2.0 when
writing iso9660 containers and reported it to the developers.

The issue has been addressed by the following commit

and included in version 3.2.1 of the library.

I was wondering whether anybody could assign a CVE for this?

Thanks and kind regards,
Christian Wressnegger (TU Braunschweig)