Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 01:03:26 -0400
From: Scott Arciszewski <scott@...agonie.com>
To: fulldisclosure@...lists.org, oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Ruining the Magic of Magento's Encryption Library

EXHIBIT D
=========

Yes, that is how Magento hashes passwords. Which is weird: They go out of
their way to compare strings in constant-time, but they don't use a proper
password hashing method (e.g. bcrypt).

(Part of the sentence was lobbed off, due to stupidity and/or insanity
caused by exposure to Magento's source code.)

Scott Arciszewski
Chief Development Officer
Paragon Initiative Enterprises <https://paragonie.com>