Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 12:51:57 +0200
From: Hanno Böck <hanno@...eck.de>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com,
  Cedric Buissart <cbuissar@...hat.com>
Subject: Re: CVE-2016-5011: util-linux: Extended partition
 loop in MBR partition table leads to DoS

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 12:11:43 +0200
Cedric Buissart <cbuissar@...hat.com> wrote:

> CVE-2016-5011: util-linux: Extended partition loop in MBR partition
> table leads to DoS

Have you discovered this bug or do you know how it was discovered?

Was it found with fuzzing or code inspection?

I have done fuzzing on partitioning tools before, however I hadn't
found anything, this bug indicates I haven't looked enough :-)

--
Hanno Böck
https://hboeck.de/

mail/jabber: hanno@...eck.de
GPG: BBB51E42

[ CONTENT OF TYPE application/pgp-signature SKIPPED ]