Date: Sat,  9 Jul 2016 11:27:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: cve-assign@...re.org
To: jens.erat@...-konstanz.de
Cc: cve-assign@...re.org, oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE request: several SOGo issues (DOS, XSS, information leakage)

> SOGo #3510:  DOS attack through uploading malicious attachments
> Fix:         http://github.com/inverse-inc/sogo/commit/32bb1456e23a32c7f45079c3985bf732dd0d276d
> Issue:       https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=3510

>> 1. Create a large file, for example `dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/1GB bs=1M count=1000`
>> 2. Open new mail in SOGo, try to attach large file
>> 3. If attachment fails, some memory gets freed, but not all of it
>> 4. Repeat 1-3 until server crashes

> The issues was resolved by limiting the upload size ...
>
> Further investigation showed that not memcached was the issue but
> temporary files kept around

Use CVE-2016-6188.

> SOGo #3695:  Private information leakage through ics/XML feeds when restricted to "View the Date & Time"
> Fix SOGo v2: https://github.com/inverse-inc/sogo/commit/717f45f640a2866b76a8984139391fae64339225
> Fix SOGo v3: https://github.com/inverse-inc/sogo/commit/875a4aca3218340fd4d3141950c82c2ff45b343d
> Issue:       https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=3695

> 1. Not all private information removed for the public free/busy view

>> I was able to observe following fields containing critical information:
>>
>> - ORGANIZER (who invited the calendar owner?)
>> - X-ALT-DESC (Outlook-specific extended copy of the description?)

Use CVE-2016-6189.

> SOGo #3696:  Meta information can be derived from UID/DTSTAMP attributes though
> "View the Date & Time" restricted access Backend Calendar
> Fix SOGo v2: https://github.com/inverse-inc/sogo/commit/717f45f640a2866b76a8984139391fae64339225
> Fix SOGo v3: https://github.com/inverse-inc/sogo/commit/875a4aca3218340fd4d3141950c82c2ff45b343d
> Issue:       https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=3696

> 2. It was possible to join appointments based on the UID of the
>    public free/busy view from different users, to know who has
>    appointments with whom

>> one can derive common appointments between other people

Use CVE-2016-6190.

> SOGo #3718:  Persistent Cross-Site Scripting in calendar
> Issue:       https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=3718
> Fix:         http://github.com/inverse-inc/sogo/commit/64ce3c9c22fd9a28caabf11e76216cd53d0245aa

>> When creating a calendar entry containing script code

Use CVE-2016-6191.

> SOGo #2598:  Script injection in calendar title
> Fixes:       - https://github.com/inverse-inc/sogo/commit/1a7fc2a0e90a19dfb1fce292ae5ff53aa513ade9
>              - https://github.com/inverse-inc/sogo/commit/80a09407652ec04e8c9fb6cb48e1029e69a15765
>              - https://github.com/inverse-inc/sogo/commit/3a5e44e7eb8b390b67a8f8a83030b49606956501
>              - https://github.com/inverse-inc/sogo/commit/c94595ea7f0f843c2d7abf25df039b2bbe707625
> Issue:       https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=2598
>
> The (now public) issue log says I realized the issue also exists with contacts

>> Add injection code, for example in the "Display" name field

Use CVE-2014-9905 for the XSS issues in both the calendar title and
the contacts module.

We cannot yet send a CVE ID here for the non-public issue #3670.

- --
CVE Assignment Team
M/S M300, 202 Burlington Road, Bedford, MA 01730 USA
[ A PGP key is available for encrypted communications at
  http://cve.mitre.org/cve/request_id.html ]