Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 11:26:53 -0400
From: Brian Demers <bdemers@...che.org>
To: dev@...ro.apache.org, "user@...ro.apache.org" <user@...ro.apache.org>, security@...ro.apache.org,
	announce@...ro.apache.org, "security@...che.org" <security@...che.org>,
	oss-security@...ts.openwall.com, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: [Announce] CVE-2016-4437: Apache Shiro information disclosure vulnerability

Severity: Important

Vendor:
The Apache Software Foundation

Versions Affected:
1.0.0-incubating - 1.2.4

A default cipher key is used for the "remember me" feature when not
explicitly configured.  A request that included a specially crafted request
parameter could be used to execute arbitrary code or access content that
would otherwise be protected by a security constraint.

Mitigation:
Users should upgrade to 1.2.5 [1],  ensure a secret cipher key is
configured [2], or disable the "remember me" feature. [3]

All binaries (.jars) are available in Maven Central already.