Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 17:18:46 +0100
From: Ben Laurie <benl@...gle.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: broken RSA keys

On 5 May 2016 at 10:23, Hanno Böck <hanno@...eck.de> wrote:
> As a background: What we're talking about is a so-called batch-gcd
> attack, developed by DJB. Arjen Lenstra and Nadia Heninger were as far
> as I know the first ones to use this on publicly available keysets in
> order to find vulnerable keys.

FWIW, it was actually me and Mathias Bauer in 2004 (which may also
pre-date DJB's development, I don't know - certainly we didn't get the
idea from him, it was Mathias'). We looked at the PGP keyserver data,
but we didn't find anything very interesting, which is probably why
most people don't know it.

To be entirely fair, we did pairwise GCDs, which comes to the same
thing, but less efficiently...