Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 16:54:10 +0200
From: Gustavo Grieco <gustavo.grieco@...il.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: CVE request: DoS in multiple versions of GraphicsMagick

We recently tested GraphicsMagick with our tool and found two issues that
causes DoS:

* Infinite loop caused by converting a circularly defined svg file.

* Arithmetic exception converting a svg file caused by a X%0 operation in
magick/render.c:3800

    (long) (y-fill_pattern->tile_info.y) % fill_pattern->rows,

Reproducers for both issues are attached. They are triggered by converting
a svg to another format. Identification is not affected.
These issues affect 1.3.18 and 1.3.23. Most likely other versions are
vulnerable too.

Regards,
Gustavo

Content of type "text/html" skipped

Download attachment "circular.svg" of type "image/svg+xml" (6285 bytes)

Download attachment "sigfpe.svg" of type "image/svg+xml" (1450 bytes)