Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 18:12:18 -0500 (EST)
From: cve-assign@...re.org
To: jsegitz@...e.com
Cc: cve-assign@...re.org, oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Security bugs in Linux kernel sound subsystem

> Dmitry Vyukov reported a series of kernel bugs in ALSA core that have been
> triggered by syzkaller fuzzer. These can allow a user to DoS the system.

CVE-2016-2543
http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=030e2c78d3a91dd0d27fef37e91950dde333eba1

CVE-2016-2544
http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=3567eb6af614dac436c4b16a8d426f9faed639b3

CVE-2016-2545
http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=ee8413b01045c74340aa13ad5bdf905de32be736

CVE-2016-2546
http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=af368027a49a751d6ff4ee9e3f9961f35bb4fede

CVE-2016-2547
http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=b5a663aa426f4884c71cd8580adae73f33570f0d
"A slave timer instance might be still accessible in a racy way while
operating the master instance as it lacks of locking. Since the master
operation is mostly protected with timer->lock, we should cope with it
while changing the slave instance, too."

CVE-2016-2548
http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=b5a663aa426f4884c71cd8580adae73f33570f0d
"some linked lists (active_list and ack_list) of slave instances
aren't unlinked immediately at stopping or closing, and this may lead
to unexpected accesses."

CVE-2016-2549
http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=2ba1fe7a06d3624f9a7586d672b55f08f7c670f3

- --
CVE assignment team, MITRE CVE Numbering Authority
M/S M300
202 Burlington Road, Bedford, MA 01730 USA
[ PGP key available through http://cve.mitre.org/cve/request_id.html ]