Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 09:58:47 -0500
From: David Leo <httpsonly.github.io@...il.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com, fulldisclosure@...lists.org
Subject: Re: HTTPS Only (Open Source, Python)

Yes, Mozilla said, "Gradually phasing out access to browser features
for non-secure websites", in April 2015. After more than six months,
they have done nothing useful.

The Chrome team wanted the same stuff:
https://www.chromium.org/Home/chromium-security/marking-http-as-non-secure
Again, nothing significant has been achieved yet.

And there is HTTPS Everywhere, with SO MANY rules:
https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere/atlas/
It's still able to access HTTP by default, but there is "Block all
HTTP requests". The problem: nothing happens when browser tries HTTP -
there should be warning(it's incorrect behavior) and options(try
HTTPS, Google Cache, etc). People complained, months ago:
https://github.com/EFForg/https-everywhere/issues/1329

So I made this project, because I have lost patience a long time ago.

Best Wishes,