Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 14:40:22 +0530
From: CSW Research Lab <>
Subject: CVE Request: Cross Site Scripting (XSS) & Cross Site Request Forgery
 (CSRF) in Crony Cronjob Manager Version 0.4.4

Please assign CVE as appropriate. Thanks for your valuable time & effort

# Title : Cross Site Scripting (XSS) & Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF) in
Crony Cronjob Manager Version 0.4.4
# Affected Product :  Crony Cronjob Manager Wordpress plugin Version 0.4.4
# Vendor Homepage :
# Vulnerability Type :  Cross Site Scripting (XSS) & Cross Site Request
Forgery (CSRF)
# Risk :  High
# POC URL               :
# Video URL :
# CVE                      : not assigned

By exploiting a Cross-site scripting vulnerability along with Cross Site
Request forgery will gives an easy access to an attacker for hijacking a
logged in user’s session by stealing cookies. This means that the malicious
hacker can change the logged in user’s password and invalidate the session
of the victim while the hacker maintains access.

Technical Details

   1. Logon into any wordpress application (attacker)
   2. Click to “Add new cronjob” in Crony Cronjob Manager Version 0.4.4
   Plugin and capture the request in intercepting proxy.
   3. Now, Generate a CSRF Request with attacker logged in account.
   4. Modify the request with the code you required to get executed in
   victim’s browser.
   5. Enter the value for the name variable with “XSS&CSRF” and add any
   scripts, malicious code or payload.
   6. Here, its <script>alert(‘Vulnerable2CSRF&XSS’)</script> which an
   attacker wants to get executed in victim’s browser and sends the link to
   7. Now, once the victim opens the link in the user logged in browser.
   Then, immediately the added XSS payload will be executed whenever we review

Advisory Timeline

2015-08-28 – Discovered in Crony Cronjob Manager Version 0.4.4.
2015-08-28 – Reported to &
2015-08-28 – replied, "I'll check it out, thanks for
the heads up."
2015-08-28 – Requested for Advance CVE
2015-09-08 – Another response from developer, "I'll be back into things
tomorrow morning, will let you know once it's up."
2015-09-27 – Issues fixed in version 0.4.6
<>, developer responded.
2015-11-30 - Issues were reported again. Since, not fixed in the released
version (0.4.6)
2015-12-09 - Developer responded.
2016-01-04 - Fixed in version 0.4.7
<> now.

Credits & Authors
================ from cybersecurityworks Pvt Ltd

About Cybersecurityworks
Cybersecurity Works is basically an auditing company passionate working on
findings & reporting security flaws & vulnerabilities on web application
and network. As professionals, we handle each client differently based on
their unique requirements. Visit our website
<> for more information.

Cheers !!!

Team CSW Research Lab <>