Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 14:15:34 -0700
From: Kurt Seifried <kseifried@...hat.com>
To: "Evans, Jonathan L." <jevans@...re.org>
Cc: oss-security <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>, CVE ID Requests <cve-assign@...re.org>
Subject: Re: CVE for git issue - please use CVE-2015-7545

I'm pretty sure people expect git recursive fetch to result in data being
fetched (potentially quite a lot) but that it does NOT result in arbitrary
command/code execution. As such (the potential for remote code execution)
we feel this is a security issue, hence the security updates from Red Hat.

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Evans, Jonathan L. <jevans@...re.org> wrote:

--

--
PGP A90B F995 7350 148F 66BF 7554 160D 4553 5E26 7993