Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 13:41:54 -0700
From: Kurt Seifried <>
To: oss-security <>, CVE ID Requests <>,
	cve-editorial-board-list <>
Subject: Major outstanding CVE requests

So we have a number of PCRE issues that need CVE's and a git issue that
needs a CVE (at this point we've actually shipped an update for it, most of
these requests are more than a month old, and several are 2-3 months old.
Red Hat needs CVE's for these, as do other vendors I'm sure. I know it's
thanksgiving in the USA right now, but the backlog is becoming a problem.
Can I have permission from Mitre to assign CVE's to these issues?

asked for Oct 5, pinged recently, still no answer.

Appart from that a couple of other vulnerabilities found by other
people have been fixed in this
Heap overflow in compile_regex
Stack overflow in compile_regex
Heap overflow in compile_regex

More PCRE:

The other unassigned issues already have open CVE requests:

PGP A90B F995 7350 148F 66BF 7554 160D 4553 5E26 7993
Red Hat Product Security contact: