Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 17:09:07 -0700
From: Kurt Seifried <kseifried@...hat.com>
To: oss-security <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: CVE-2015-7266

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 5:03 PM, Zach W. <kestrel@...linux.us> wrote:

> Hey Kurt,
>
> I figured as much but since the vuln has been made public what happens now?
>
> Zach W.

 In what sense? CVE has accomplished it's primary mission, we have an
identifier for this vulnerability which makes discussing it easy (instead
of saying "that thing in that other thing, you know function foo(), no the
other version of that thing" we can just say "CVE-foo").

As for the CVE (Mitre/NVD) database being updated to contain an entry, we
wait. Although now that I'm on the CVE board I'm going to see what we can
do to speed things up/get better coverage/etc.

--
PGP A90B F995 7350 148F 66BF 7554 160D 4553 5E26 7993
Red Hat Product Security contact: secalert@...hat.com