Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2015 22:07:27 +0100
From: Luca Bruno <>
Subject: Re: Re: Review+CVE request: multiple issues in redis EVAL command (lua sandbox)

On Friday 06 November 2015 12:07:30 wrote:

> As far as we can tell, 2854 and 2853 do not need to be categorized as
> vulnerability reports, but 2855 is a report of at least one
> vulnerability. See the initial CVE ID assignment below.
> [...]
> Our feeling is that the sandboxing is not (yet) intended to define a
> security boundary with any practical value, and thus ability to defeat
> the sandboxing will not have a CVE ID at present.
> [...]
> Use CVE-2015-8080 for the "getnum ... integer wraparound ... thus
> returning a negative value" vulnerability.

Thanks for the prompt and detailed review!
I understand the line of reasoning and I've no further technical comments on
your analysis. All bug reports have been updated with appropriate references.

Cheers, Luca

Luca Bruno (kaeso)
 Security Engineer
 Rocket Internet SE
 -> GPG: 0xBB1A3A854F3BBEBF

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (820 bytes)