Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 14:10:09 -0700
From: robert@...ert.io
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: CVE request for sqlalchemy-utils

does not use a random IV when encrypting with AES in CBC mode. It
generates a SHA256 hash of the user's key and uses the first 16 bytes of
that hash as the IV (and the full hash as the encryption key). The
result is that for a given key, the IV will always be the same.

Reported here: https://github.com/kvesteri/sqlalchemy-utils/issues/166
Version: Current. I'm not sure what the version history of this package
looks like, though.
Reporter: Robert Picard

Please assign a CVE if you feel it would be appropriate for this bug.

- Robert