Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 14:25:35 +0200
From: Yann Droneaud <ydroneaud@...eya.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com, Gustavo Grieco
 <gustavo.grieco@...il.com>
Cc: Benjamin Otte <otte@...hat.com>, Matthias Clasen <mclasen@...hat.com>
Subject: Re: Re: CVE request: Heap overflow with a gif file
 in gdk-pixbuf < 2.32.1

Hi,

Le jeudi 01 octobre 2015 à 12:25 -0300, Gustavo Grieco a écrit :

> > We found a heap overflow in the gdk-pixbuf implementation triggered
> > by the scaling of gif file.These issues are only fixed in the
> > recent release of gdk-pixbuf 2.32.1 but affects older versions (we
> > tested it in a fully updated Ubuntu 14.04).
> >

> If someone needs more details, it was fixed in 2.32.1 with this
> commit:
> https://git.gnome.org/browse/gdk-pixbuf/commit/?id=e9a5704edaa9aee949
> 8f1fbf6e1b70fcce2e55aa

The patch fixes pixops_scale_nearest() but AFAICT I think the same
should be applied to other functions has they use the same construct:

- pixops_composite_nearest()

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gdk-pixbuf/tree/gdk-pixbuf/pixops/pixops.c?id=e9a5704edaa9aee9498f1fbf6e1b70fcce2e55aa#n339

- pixops_composite_color_nearest()

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gdk-pixbuf/tree/gdk-pixbuf/pixops/pixops.c?id=e9a5704edaa9aee9498f1fbf6e1b70fcce2e55aa#n504