Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 14:29:42 +0200
From: Hanno Böck <hanno@...eck.de>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Out of bounds read using malformed tar archive
 in GNU Tar and BSD Tar

On Mon, 31 Aug 2015 08:20:11 -0300
Gustavo Grieco <gustavo.grieco@...il.com> wrote:

> Fortunately the last revisions of GNU Tar and libarchive fixed these
> issues. Do we have CVE for these issues?

The bsdtar issue looks like this one:
https://github.com/libarchive/libarchive/issues/515

I have reported ~20 such issues in libarchive in the past months.
Unfortunately there are still some open issues, I was hoping to create
an advisory once everything is done, but it has taken much longer than
expected.

--
Hanno Böck
http://hboeck.de/

mail/jabber: hanno@...eck.de
GPG: BBB51E42

[ CONTENT OF TYPE application/pgp-signature SKIPPED ]