Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 11:02:39 +0200
From: Raphael Geissert <geissert@...ian.org>
To: Open Source Security <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Cc: gustavo.grieco@...il.com
Subject: Re: Double free corruption in JasPer JPEG-2000
 implementation (CVE-2015-5203)

Hi,

On 16 August 2015 at 20:48, mancha <mancha1@...o.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 05:22:50PM +0200, Gustavo Grieco wrote:
>> A new double free affecting JasPer JPEG-2000 (libjasper 1.900) has
>> been found triggered by function jasper_image_stop_load.  Despite this
>> library is used by many programs (
>> http://www.ece.uvic.ca/~frodo/jasper/#overview), there is no one
>> providing support, so there is no fix so far.
>
> If you email me your crasher I can look into a fix.

Last time I ran zzuf on jasper there were plenty of crashes and bugs
that triggered a high resource consumption - pretty much like the ones
I found on openjpeg at work. They looked less severe, however.

I should still have some samples in another machine, if anyone is
interested in taking a look at those and/or using them as a base for
further fuzzing.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer