Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 11:48:02 +0000
From: Jeremy Stanley <fungi@...goth.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE for crypto_get_random() from libsrtp

On 2015-08-11 09:51:50 +0200 (+0200), Adam Maris wrote:
[...]
> Unless CVE is assigned, we don't plan to ship any patch at the moment.

I find this an interesting stance. Don't you decide on your own
whether your customers are impacted by a bug sufficiently to require
a fix (security vulnerability or otherwise)? It seems reasonable to
me that you would choose whether or not to ship a patch
independently of how MITRE chooses to classify (or not) the
associated bug... and vice versa, if a CVE is assigned for a bug you
consider to have minimal impact, do you release a patch for it
anyway just because there's a CVE?
--
Jeremy Stanley