Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 13:11:52 -0700
From: Seth Arnold <seth.arnold@...onical.com>
To: Agostino Sarubbo <ago@...too.org>
Cc: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com, cve-assign@...re.org
Subject: Re: siege: off-by-one in load_conf()

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 09:17:04PM +0200, Agostino Sarubbo wrote:
> Siege is an http load testing and benchmarking utility.
>
> During the test of a webserver, I hit a segmentation fault. I recompiled
> siege with ASan and it clearly show an off-by-one in load_conf(). The issue
> is reproducible without passing any arguments to the binary.

Does load_conf() process any information from any untrusted sources? Has
Siege processed any data from the network at this point? This sounds like
a regular bug rather than a security boundary, unless I've misunderstood
the application.

Thanks

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (474 bytes)