Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 11:18:21 -0700
From: Reed Loden <reed@...dloden.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com,
	Assign a CVE Identifier <cve-assign@...re.org>
Subject: CVE request: Command injection in ruby gem ruby-saml <1.0.0

A follow-up to my previous CVE request. Looked into "Fix xpath injection on
xml_security.rb" some more.

https://github.com/onelogin/ruby-saml/pull/225#issuecomment-120084288

https://github.com/onelogin/ruby-saml/commit/1b4e3dd6d2d44efa629144b2180842456bfb2a0f#diff-661b9d9743a3ff77661f224c6191165cL242

Looks like lack of prepared statements allow for possible command
injection, leading to arbitrary code execution (via something like eval()).

Related to https://github.com/onelogin/ruby-saml/pull/183 /
http://osvdb.org/show/osvdb/117903 (which doesn't seem to have a CVE
assigned either as far as I can tell). Reference for that is
https://security.dxw.com/advisories/publicly-exploitable-command-injection-in-ruby-saml-0-7-2-library-can-root-the-host/
.

~reed