Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 18:43:26 +0200
From: Stefan Cornelius <>
Cc: Till Kamppeter <>
Subject: CVE-2015-3258 cups-filters: texttopdf heap-based buffer overflow

A heap-based buffer overflow was discovered in the way the texttopdf
utility of cups-filters processed print jobs with a specially crafted
line size. An attacker being able to submit print jobs could exploit
this flaw to crash texttopdf or, possibly, execute arbitrary code.

This was discovered by Petr Sklenar of Red Hat.

This is fixed in cups-filters 1.0.70.

Minor note on the side: The commit thanks me for the patch. The patch
was created by Tim Waugh of Red Hat, I've merely forwarded it.

Red Hat bug:

Stefan Cornelius / Red Hat Product Security