Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 02:10:40 -0700
From: Reed Loden <>
To: rubysec-announce <>,,
Subject: rubygems <2.4.8 vulnerable to DNS request hijacking (CVE-2015-3900
 and CVE-2015-4020)

A bit old news, but I didn't see anybody post about this, so figured I'd
pass it on so folks know to update. Haven't seen updates by the distros

MITRE's summary (updated):
RubyGems 2.0.x before 2.0.16, 2.2.x before 2.2.5, and 2.4.x before 2.4.8
does not validate the hostname when fetching gems or making API request,
which allows remote attackers to redirect requests to arbitrary domains via
a crafted DNS SRV record, aka a "DNS hijack attack."