Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 01:56:51 -0700
From: Reed Loden <reed@...dloden.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com,
	Assign a CVE Identifier <cve-assign@...re.org>
Subject: CVE request: Content type spoofing in ruby gem paperclip <4.2.2

Saw this in paperclip's NEWS file, and I couldn't find a CVE for it.

https://github.com/thoughtbot/paperclip/commit/9aee4112f36058cd28d5fe4a006d6981bd1eda57

""""
There is an issue where if an HTML file is uploaded with a .html
extension, but the content type is listed as being `image/jpeg`, this
will bypass a validation checking for images. But it will also pass the
spoof check, because a file named .html and containing actual HTML
passes the spoof check.

This change makes it so that we also check the supplied content type. So
even if the file contains HTML and ends with .html, it doesn't match the
content type of `image/jpeg` and so it fails.
""""

Fixed in paperclip 4.2.2.

~reed