Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 17:01:06 -0600
From: Colton Myers <colton@...tstack.com>
To: Michael Scherer <misc@...b.org>
Cc: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com, security@...tstack.com
Subject: Re: [saltstack-security] CVE Request / Saltstack SSL verification
 disabling for alibabab cloud module

CVE was assigned off list:

CVE-2015-4017 -- Certificates are not verified when connecting to server in
the Aliyun and Proxmox modules

And fixed in the just-released 2014.7.6:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/salt-users/8Kv1bytGD6c

The splunk module vulnerability was not in a released version of salt, so
there is no CVE for that module. It was fixed before the 2015.5.0 release.

Please note that we have a responsible disclosure policy, and would
appreciate it if it were followed in the future:

http://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/security/index.html#disclosure

--
Colton Myers
Platform Engineer, SaltStack