Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 15:30:31 +0200
From: Yann Droneaud <ydroneaud@...eya.com>
To: Shachar Raindel <raindel@...lanox.com>, Haggai Eran
 <haggaie@...lanox.com>,  Sagi Grimberg <sagig@...lanox.com>
Cc: "oss-security@...ts.openwall.com" <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>,
	"<linux-rdma@...r.kernel.org> (linux-rdma@...r.kernel.org)"
	 <linux-rdma@...r.kernel.org>, "linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org"
	 <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>, "stable@...r.kernel.org"
	 <stable@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: CVE-2014-8159 kernel: infiniband: uverbs: unprotected physical
 memory access

Hi,

Le jeudi 02 avril 2015 à 10:52 +0000, Shachar Raindel a écrit :
> [...]

Where's the check for the range being in userspace memory space,
especially for the ODP case ?

For non ODP case (eg. plain old behavior), does get_user_pages()
ensure the requested pages fit in userspace region on all
architectures ? I think so.

In ODP case, I'm not sure such check is ever done ?
(Aside, does it take special mesure to protect shared mapping from
being read and/or *written* ?)

Regards.

--
Yann Droneaud