Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 13:05:32 +0000
From: Jeremy Stanley <jeremy@...nstack.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: cve-assign@...re.org
Subject: Re: CVE request for OpenStack Compute (nova)

On 2015-03-25 03:13:40 -0400 (-0400), cve-assign@...re.org wrote:
[...]
> Similarly, there's obviously no obligation to send a notification to
> oss-security whenever a potential vulnerability has been evaluated.

Correct, and we don't in those situations. In this case it was
brought to the list by a representative of a Linux distribution
affected by the bug in a release we no longer support upstream,
since they need to implement a fix for it in their product.
--
Jeremy Stanley

[ CONTENT OF TYPE application/pgp-signature SKIPPED ]