Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 23:46:29 +0100
From: Moritz Muehlenhoff <jmm@...ian.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: kaplanlior@...il.com, security@....net
Subject: Re: CVE Request: PHP SoapClient's __call() type
 confusion through unserialize()

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 08:35:59PM +0100, Andrea Palazzo wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I'd like to request a CVE for the PHP Sec Bug #69085.

> SoapClient's __call() method is prone to a type confusion vulnerability
> which can be used to gain remote code execution through unsafe unserialize()
> calls.
>
> Info:
> https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=69085

I'm adding security@....net to CC and I think it should become good
practice on oss-security to keep them in CC for future PHP CVE requests.

There has been a recent blog posting by a member of the PHP team
(also CCed) on that topic:
https://liorkaplan.wordpress.com/2015/03/19/cve-assignment-without-upstream-knowledge/

Cheers,
        Moritz