Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 22:35:25 +0000
From: Jeremy Stanley <fungi@...goth.org>
To: OSS Security <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Cc: CVE Request <cve-assign@...re.org>,
	Etherpad Security <security@...erpad.org>,
	John McLear <John@...ear.co>, webzwo0i <webzwo0i@...2.de>,
	Stefan Müller <stefan@...fans-entwicklerecke.de>
Subject: CVE Request for information leak in Etherpad exports

A vulnerability was discovered in Etherpad (see below). In order to
ensure full traceability, we need a CVE number assigned that we can
attach to further notifications. This issue is already public.

Title: Information leak in Etherpad exports
Reporter: webzwo0i
Versions: 1.5.0 through 1.5.1

webzwo0i reported a vulnerability in the export functionality of
current Etherpad releases. When exporting a padID all pads for which
the requested ID is a substring are also returned, regardless of
access restriction, resulting in an information leak. This includes
group pads created via the API.

Notes:
This bug was introduced in commit 1081156 which was initially
included in the 1.5.0 release, and is fixed in commit a0fb652 which
will appear in a future 1.5.2 release.