Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 20:26:45 +0300
From: gremlin@...mlin.ru
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE request: Maven downloads JARs via HTTP

On 2015-03-02 17:34:55 +0100, Martin Prpic wrote:

 >>> "Maven Central can now be accessed via HTTPS. I think the
 >>> default configuration should be switched to use that, rather
 >>> than the current unsecured HTTP transport."

 >> Does it use any sort of package signing and signature
 >> verification?

 > Seeing as the patch only does s/http/https/,

Obviously, that doesn't really help.

 > I would say, unfortunately, no.

Well... it seems like we have yet another class of vulnerabilities
fully inducted by stupidity: "%s lacks integrity check on update".

--
Alexey V. Vissarionov aka Gremlin from Kremlin <gremlin  gremlin  ru>
GPG: 8832FE9FA791F7968AC96E4E909DAC45EF3B1FA8 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net