Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 01:22:23 +0100
From: Hanno Böck <hanno@...eck.de>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: GHOST gethostbyname() heap overflow in glibc
 (CVE-2015-0235)

On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 03:14:10 +0300
Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

> > because I felt waiting for them stops me from reporting more issues.
>
> Huh?!  IMO, no one should ever wait for a CVE before reporting an
> issue!

Okay, maybe this was prone to misinterpretation.

I thought it more like "If I try to track all the issues where I have
requested CVEs and check whether I really got them or whether I should
ask again I'd loose time I could better use to fuzz the next library."
I don't remember actively delaying reporting or publication of a vuln
due to lack of CVEs.

--
Hanno Böck
http://hboeck.de/