Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 12:46:41 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: linkbc02 <linkbc02@...look.com>
Subject: Re: GHOST gethostbyname() heap overflow in glibc (CVE-2015-0235)

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 10:24:56AM +0100, linkbc02 wrote:
> Dovecot: It seems that libdovecot-storage.so can be triggered and you can read the core dump
>
> imap[29914]: segfault at 0 ip 00007f1e525263a0 sp 00007fffaeed7818
>  error 4 in libdovecot-storage.so.0.0.0[7f1e5249e000+10f000]

I reluctantly approved the above posting even though it contains no
indication this has anything to do with GHOST, and it bottom-quotes a
mostly irrelevant message (latest one from the thread).

linkbc02, if you have any reason to believe this is relevant to GHOST,
then please explain.  And if you have no such reason, then please also
state so, and we'll more confidently disregard this false alarm. ;-)

Alexander