Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 18:31:24 +0300
From: Alexander Cherepanov <ch3root@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: SEANux 1.0 remote back door

On 2015-01-25 14:25, Larry W. Cashdollar wrote:

>> On Jan 25, 2015, at 3:42 AM, Alexander Cherepanov <ch3root@...nwall.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 2015-01-24 23:05, Larry W. Cashdollar wrote:
>>> SEANux 1.0 is a linux distribution Available here developed by the Syrian Electronic Army.
>>
>> Is it open source?
>
> Yes, it’s based off of ubuntu and uses those software repositories for updates.

Sure, it's based on some open-source software, it wouldn't be a linux
distribution otherwise. But is it open source itself? Actually, I'm not
sure what does this mean exactly but it's the second distro brought to
oss-security recently (the first one was Red Star) which seems to be
more appropriate for full-disclosure than for oss-security.

But maybe it's just me...

--
Alexander Cherepanov