Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 16:45:55 +0100
From: Salvatore Bonaccorso <carnil@...ian.org>
Cc: CVE Assignments MITRE <cve-assign@...re.org>
Subject: Possible CVE request: sympa: vulnerability in the web interface

Hi

I would like to ask if a CVE could be assigned for the following issue
(it is not clear if upstream has already requested one):
https://www.sympa.org/security_advisories#security_breaches_in_newsletter_posting

The advisory reads:

> A vulnerability have been discovered in Sympa web interface that
> allows access to files on the server filesystem.
>
> This breach allows to send to a list or a user any file readable by
> the Sympa user, located on the server filesystem, using the Sympa web
> interface newsletter posting area.

Upstream patch: https://sourcesup.renater.fr/scm/viewvc.php/branches/sympa-6.1-branch/wwsympa/wwsympa.fcgi.in?root=sympa&r1=11562&r2=11778&view=patch

Thanks in advance,

Regards,